COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
Gethsemane Lutheran Church has suspended all activities during the COVID-19 epidemic. Please check the website weekly for sermons posted online. Following are recommended guidelines once services resume:
GLC Measures to Protect Congregants Against COVID-19
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- It has been decided that the common cup will not be used
- The hand rails at the communion table will be wiped after each group goes up for communion
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill
- If you are ill, STAY AT HOME!
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands. If you do not have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm. If you have a persistent cough or any symptom that has not been checked by a doctor, DO NOT COME TO CHURCH
- If you have serious flu symptoms, cough, fever, and difficulty breathing, or any other symptoms of COVID-19, contact your doctor immediately and the Health Unit at 519-258-2146 ext.1420
- Avoid shaking hands and having close contact in church
- After touching objects in public places, such as carts in grocery stores, or hand rails, countertops and tables at coffee shops and restaurants, door knobs, etc., do wash your hands thoroughly.
- If possible, try to carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer in your purse or pocket